As per Parkinson tradition, this afternoon we celebrated Juliet’s half birthday! Our girl is now a WHOPPING 2.5, you guys!
The initial plan was to bake a cake, but a lingering stomach virus meant we were DOWN and OUT all weekend. Luckily, Dairy Queen delivers ice cream cakes (#winning) and Grandma Cathy was able to hack our 10 inch beauty in half. VOILA! Half-cake for a half-birthday!
Now, some things about Juliet at age 2.5:
- Her hair is JUST NOW long enough for fun hairstyles. But don’t expect those in the summer unless Aunt Taylor is there to do them! (Kumari is the household stylist.)
- She calls all baby dolls (that aren’t Disney princesses) “Ghalyah” (an Arabic name).
- She loves to play soccer. GIRL GOT SKILLS.
- Nory is “her Nory”. She loves being near, around, right smack beside Nory. Too bad their side-by-side relationship demands such serious effort on our part. #SiblingWars
- Her best friend is Omari. Omari and Juliet hope to go to preschool together in August!
- She’s a Daddy’s girl. OHHHHHH is she a Daddy’s girl.
- She can play quietly all by herself. Watching her play Barbies is the CUTEST THING.
- She is somehow (and I fear saying this out loud) POTTY-TRAINED. Also, I think it happened all by itself. Overnight. With zero effort on our part. KNOCK ON WOOD. KNOCK ON WOOD. KNOCK ON WOOD.
- She’s big on recognizing when something is her fault. She will tell you “I’m sorry, that’s my fault.” Alas, she’s definitely quick to tattle on Nory :)
- She loves being at home, where she’s most comfortable. Crowds are NOT her thing and it takes her some time (or A LOT OF TIME) to warm up to new people.
- She’s a snuggler and knows when others need them. “It’s okay, Mama/Daddy/Nory!”
- Kumari’s last minute trip to Sri Lanka ripped her heart out. She was angry at Kumari for weeks and JUST now, our last week here, has decided to forgive her.
- She naps, occasionally (once a week? once every two weeks?). What’s this about kids that nap until their 4 or 5?
- She’s a chatterbox. She learns new words every day, but my current faves are “privacy” and “Ramadan” and “excited”.
- She loves calling us at work and often ends the conversation by saying, “I’ll wait for you, Daddy/Mommy!”
We love you, Juliet Tyko! Canada is so excited to see you again – you’re BIGGER THAN LAST YEAR and even more fabulous :)